Yesterday when I was outside work at the Welsh Pavilion in Venice this discarded Orchid floated past still alive but flowerless. They are ugly plants when they are no longer in flower with rather plain round leaves and an almost bony finger-like stalk. Orchids appear to be as popular here in Venice as they are in the UK. Near my apartment is one in a window box which is also flowerless and a little further on by the Arsenale vaporetto stop a wedding photography studio has fake orchids scattered around the window display. On one of the main shopping streets of Venice is a grand and very green plant shop filled with all colours of Phalaenopsis just like Tesco.
- Feature Drawings of August
- Feature Drawing coming to a blog near you!
- Maker in Focus | Rebecca Rendell
- Stitching Stories and Shadows
- New Perspectives | A Showcase of Swansea’s GCSE Talent
- Swansea Museum Residency: Matthew Thompson
- New Designers 2015 and the search for Mission Gallery’s Graduate Showcase
- Re-making the Cornucopia
- Cork Craft & Design Exchange |05 – 07 August 2014
- Ephemeral Coast | Gemma Copp